[ourplace] Re: also, for those living in southern california

  • From: Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 17:55:05 -0800

Hi, Karen,

I think radio started to die in the middle 70's. It's gone downhill since then.

Rosie

On 2/29/2016 4:57 PM, Karen Delzer wrote:

Sorry to say that radio died a long, long time ago, Marty. So very sad.

Karen

on 03:16 PM 2/29/2016, Marty Rimpau said:
Hi all, especially those living in southern california, I just found out that today is the last day of English language broadcasting for kfwb, as tomorrow, principal communications wil be taking over the station, and I think, they will be an asian language radio station, so I don't know if the call letters will change, but no matter what has happened with kfwb, I've always had a secret hope, though unrealistic, that channel 98, or even b-98 would emerge again, even if they were to be playing today's music, so a greate part of southern california history, as far as I'm concerned, will have been lost tomorrow.
Marty

You are subscribed to Ourplace (
ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
). To unsubscribe, send blank email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line; do not include quotation marks:
ourplace-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
. To contact the owner or moderator, send email to
ourplace-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
. Please do not put your complaints on the list. Thanks for your cooperation!