[ourplace] Re: Question

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 23:59:21 -0800

Nope, no solution for the fudge-up. Nertz! Too bad to waste all that good stuff.

Karen
on 01:23 AM 12/24/2015, Curtis Delzer said:

but you guys should see the rest, and knowing Karen she'll have a solution for that fudge-up, wait and see.

At 11:01 PM 12/23/2015, you wrote:
I made some this afternoon, and have made this recipe a hundred times, but this time, it didn't set up as it should. I am fit to be tied! It has only happened another time or two in the 40 plus years I've been making it. Not much you can do with fudge that hasn't set up. Ugh! Don't have the stuff to do it again before tomorrow night. Nertz!

Karen
on 09:12 PM 12/23/2015, Rosemarie Chavarria said:
Hi, Kathleen,

Wow, that's neat you got your cookies from Cheryl's Cookies. I bet they're good. Those peanut butter buck-eyes sound so yummy. I love peanut butter fudge. My sister Helen makes delicious fudge. I mean it's to die for! I hope she made some for Christmas this year. She used ot make it a few years ago but then she stopped making it.

Rosie

-----Original Message----- From: Panix
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:59 PM
To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ourplace] Re: Question

Well we'll have to see what happens. I may or may not go. It's a pens I want the weather is like. But it's supposed to be nice. Right now it's kind a rainy and foggy. But that's just how it goes. Anyway I'm just going to relax tonight. I kind of need to. The pain levels are sort of up but I can deal with it. Anyway I got my cookies from Cheryl's cookies. Boy I would love to tour the company. They are located in Westerville Ohio. The other company that I would like to tour. In Ohio is called Carrie London chocolates. They're located in Canton Ohio and oh boy did I make chocolate it's good to. I think last year the year before I got a 6 pound 10. And I shared it with some people. I'll tell you the one thing that they make is called the peanut butter buckeye and it's to die for. Oh man is it good. Wow and it really is. But when I relocate I want to work on my deck's license for ham radio. I'd like to get my general class license. But our president of our ham club wants everybody
to get new radios. With the thing he doesn't stop to think about is where is the money going to come from to get them. Not everybody works that has a job and a lot of people in our group are on a fixed income. And some of the ham radios the talk are quite expensive. Especially the new our radios for the higher class licenses. I don't think he stopped to think about money or who had it and who didn't we made those comments.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2015, at 6:47 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <rosemariec9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Kathleen,

I hope you feel well enough to go to the diner to get something to eat. Since it's Christmas, they might have other things besides fish and maccoroni and cheese.

Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:36 AM
To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No I don't have to go anywhere. But I may go to the diner down the block. On Fridays are usually serve macaroni and cheese and fish cakes so I may get that. I don't know it just depends on how I feel after tomorrow night. Otherwise I can just stay here. I have enough food and stuff and tons of books to read so that's basically what I'm going to do.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2015, at 11:50 AM, ljgehres@xxxxxxx wrote:

kathleen, I know what it's like to spend Christmas alone without being with family, and sometimes the time spent alone and not doing much of anything can be refreshing. Here's hoping it can be a day of rest for you and you don't have to go anywhere.

Linda G.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2015, at 6:31 AM, Panix <kathyann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well I know on Monday I'll hear the Lord and Taylor music box again. Unless they shut it down. I have to wait over by that store to get the bus when I come home from therapy. The boys out loud. Between the Salvation Army stuff and that it's pretty wild. And of course all these tourists are over there looking at the Lorden Taylor window. Boy what a pain. But anyway I have a few days off and I'm glad. Friday Christmas Day I'm not going to do anything. Not a thing.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 23, 2015, at 12:44 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria <rosemariec9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Kathleen,

I remember when they used to start the Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving and play it until New Year's Day. I agree that they start it way too early.

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:51 PM
To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes they're playing Christmas music way too early. But there is one song I have to say I cannot abide. That song called Little drummer boy. I despise that song. It reminds me of something that would be plated a funeral. And I'm not the only one that doesn't like it. Every time I hear that song I turn the radio off. I got sick and tired of that thing when it came out and they play it and play it and play it. The other song I don't like is do you hear what I hear they play that over and over and over again. It seems like all these right Radio stations play the same things over and over and over again. I don't know if you guys know about the store here in New York City called Lorden Taylor. It's a department store that's mainly for people that are kind of wealthy. Anyway I have to wait near that store for the bus when I come back from physical therapy. Well they have this music box the place is really weird type of music. But anyway from what I was told by somebody they can
all these animals dance around while the music is playing. One of the tourist actually does describe it to me. And he said all these animals like bears and everything else dance around and stuff. And boy is it loud. When I'm standing waiting for the bus I hear the Salvation Army people run their bills and this music box thing. But anyway I haven't been out here that much. I've been mainly doing the therapy. And do I think it's helping? Well I don't think so. I went to therapy yesterday, came home from there, then went back up to church for the mandatory rehearsal for the Messiah and then came back home I woke up this morning and boy was I hurting. A friend of mine was supposed to come over and get the computer monitor that I didn't need anymore. I told him to come over after Christmas. Monday night I'm supposed to run the amateur radio net for the group that I'm in. I hope that I can. We'll just have to see how that goes. But anyway Christmas Day I'll be by myself. But I
ss that's all right. But anyway right now I'm listening to QVC. I'm not going to order anything tonight I'm waiting for two things that I ordered to come. Cheryl's cookie. Cookies I ordered two sets. They haven't come as of yet. I think they're supposed to call me there Wednesday or Thursday. Anyway tomorrow we're supposed to get two meals from the mail for a meal program. But that's OK. But anyway I'll be glad when the holidays are over and they stop playing Christmas music. They started earlier and earlier and to be honest I think they should start it later. It's just really crazy.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2015, at 11:39 PM, ljgehres@xxxxxxx wrote:

I hate to be a Ms. Scrooge, but I think stations and department stores are starting to play Christmas music too early, even before Thanksgiving, and although I can understand playing it a couple of days after Christmas, I've had well enough of it by the time Christmas is over.

Linda G.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2015, at 6:13 PM, Victor Lawrence <victorelawrence@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Rosie:

Me too.On 12/22/15, Rosemarie Chavarria <rosemariec9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, Vic,

I remember when my family and I would go shopping, they'd play Christmas
music until New Year's Day. I really miss that.

Rosie