[ourplace] Re: Just out of hospital

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 20:34:21 -0700

Oh, Devon. You know, as soon as I read the first half of the first sentence, I just knew what you were gonna say. I'll be praying for you about this. Ouchy wouchy. You'll need to be wary of what you eat from here on out, and know about other things pertaining to your gallbladder, or lack thereof. Yikes!!

Karen

on 07:38 PM 8/14/2016, Devon Wilkins said:

Hi, everyone. Last Tuesday morning, I noticed a pain and nausea that I've become familiar with from time to time over the past 16 years. By Thursday afternoon, I was feeling so punk that I took myself to the Emergency Department of our local hospital. They did an ultrasound of my gallbladder, and took some blood, and the next thing I knew, a surgeon was standing beside me, telling me that my blood levels were indicating that I might have a stone stuck in my common bile duct, and that I really shouldn't go back home, because things could become worse fairly quickly. On Friday afternoon, they stuck a tube down my throat, and cleaned out the duct, which in turn put my at a small risk of inflammation of the pancreas. Saturday morning, they told me that my pancreatic enzymes were up slightly, and that they wanted to keep me another day. Finally, this morning, they said that things still aren't perfect, but that they're dramatically better than they were, so I was sprung. Just in time, too, because a sister and some of her family were planning to travel through Peterborough on their way home, and wanted to have lunch with me. I had just enough time to hop into the shower before they were here to pick me up. I have to see the surgeon in a couple of weeks, and we'll set a date then to remove this pesky gallbladder of mine. I've fooled around with it long enough. Now, it's time for it and me to part company, but I sure do hope I get to see the stones that have caused me such discomfort from time to time … little buggers anyway! Smiles. Devon.