[ourplace] Re: Bomb Rattles Nerves but Strengthens ties at Building for Blind

  • From: Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:49:41 -0700

Hi, Kathleen,

Why do you pay attention to this guy? The more you pay attention to him, the more he'll lecture you. Sometimes it's better just tolet a person talk and get it out of their system. That's how I handle my next-door neighbor. Lately we've been getting along pretty good.

Rosie

On 9/21/2016 10:07 AM, Kathleen Polkabla wrote:

Well my friend Ray Mahorney said that New York City should succeed from the union and he said that our mayor was a communist. Anytime I don't agree with him I get a lecture like you're in a classroom. I told him I said I thought we were supposed to be friends I don't need a lecture. I Ninos crazy. Then he was trying to tell me how I should how I should vote and all that stuff. I mean I think I can make my decisions in terms of voting and I told him I don't appreciate being lectured.

Kathleen Polkabla

On Sep 21, 2016, at 10:37 AM, Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Well, goodness, Kathleen, there are a lot of us who are "typical republicans," and listen to Rush Limbaugh and make no apologies for that. We're nice people, I promise. We just believe differently than you. And, part of being republican or conservative or whatever label you choose does not mean by any stretch of the imagination that we are communists, just the opposite, in fact. So no worries there, either. :)

Karen

 on 11:50 PM 9/20/2016, Kathleen Polkabla said:
Thank you for sending this article it was good. Wow. I think I'm glad I wasn't there. Oh boy. And I had thought about going there Saturday to visit people. I think I'm glad I didn't. Because I would've been stranded over there and I couldn't of gotten back to Stuyvesant town. What a mess. You know that's pretty lucky that's not not more damage has been done to the building. But they've got a repair all those windows and that's going to be costly. 15 apart apartments. And thank goodness Malibu donated food. And the Red Cross helped out and I think they were paid. And our mayor even came to. Even though one of my friends in Ohio keeps insisting he's a communist and he keeps stressing New York. It's a typical Republican that listens to Rush Limbaugh and stuff. And I'm really getting tired of him trashing people that aren't Republican. It's really crazy. I hope I don't have to end the friendship with him but I might have to.

Kathleen Polkabla

Thanks, Nancy. I have just forwarded this to a friend of mine in Fresno who used to live in New York City. Devon.