[ourplace] Re: Bobby Vee - A Girl I Used To Know

  • From: Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 20:54:39 -0700

Hi, Kathleen,

I'm gonna turn on our local news station now so I can see if there's any new info about your building. This is absolutely horrible.

Rosie

On 9/17/2016 8:52 PM, Kathleen Polkabla wrote:

No my friend Debbie was inside the building visiting a friend of hers. So she was inside and she was using another person cell phone I think. But anyway she is definitely OK. This whole thing is weird. The things that they call my building they call it a home for the blind they call the rehabilitation center but it's an apartment building for the blind. Everybody thinks it's what it's not. I know that sentence didn't make any sense but I don't know how else to explain it. But maybe I'll have to stay here Idon't know. I have no idea. But we'll just have to find out how this is going to play out. I just wish I had better response to your reception here. Honestly I do. It's hard to even get radio stations to listen to the news and it's really frustrating. And I'm still

Kathleen Polkabla

On Sep 17, 2016, at 11:46 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi, Vicky,

I'm sure they'll mention it on our news out here too. Kathleen may have to stay in the building she's in now for her own safety.

Rosie

Yes, I did watch the news and saw that New York had this explosion. They said it was near a rehabilitation center for the blind and I wondered if it wasn’t the building you lived in Kathleen. I had dinner and then came on here to inquire whether it was the place you lived. One of the witnesses they interviewed was named Deborah. Wonder if it’s your friend. She was OK, but now the number is 25 people who have been hurt, but not seriously. Thank God for that. Glass was broken out of several buildings around that area at 23rd and 6th avenue. Thanks for telling us it is your building and thank God you are not anywhere near. They said on Fox News that people could feel the shaking as far as 29th and 7th. So, it seems to be a little more than what some authorities are saying is construction items being thrown into the dumpster. There was another explosion in a dumpster in New Jersey, Jersey City, I believe was the exact place at an area where a Marine 5k race was taking place. So, if there’s another one in Virginia, sounds really suspicious to me. Wondering where they’ll attack next. Usually groups don’t take responsibility for these kinds of things until all the damage is done. Anyway, glad you’re OK. Yeah, you may have to stay there longer until they can check the building’s stability and all the windows. Take care.
Vickie