[ourplace] Re: A different kind of nugget for Monday, February 08, 2016

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 22:37:47 -0800

Congrats to you on your golden anniversary in radio, Walt!

Karen

on 09:32 PM 2/7/2016, Walt Kramer said:

I've decided to suspend music nuggets this week so I can share with you a 30 minute aircheck I recorded on my Victor Reader Stream. It's a slice of radio as radio used to sound as aired January 30 on KFXM in Lancaster, California. Owned by the Organization for the Preservation and Cultivation of Radio, this low-power FM sports a library of about 35,000 oldies that air in rotation 24/7, mostly by means of an automation system. The station does have two regular announcers. I've enjoyed Chris Compton on KFXM for a number of years. So, I thought sharing this aircheck with you might be an appropriate way for me to celebrate the 50th anniversary of my start in radio, which occured last Wednesday, February 3. Here's the Dropbox link to the aircheck.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3177119/Chris%20Compton%20on%20KFXM.mp3

If you'd like to add KFXM to your listening library, you should find the process rather simple. If you have a second generation Victor Reader Stream, search on oo tunes for KFXM, and add it to your favorites. Otherwise, point your browser to

<http://www.kfxm.com>www.kfxm.com

and arrow down to their player links.

Enjoy your Monday, have a good week, and check back here next Monday for the resumption of music nuggets.