[ourlunchgroup] My favorite song ever.... again :)

  • From: Jarom Denton <smileybob234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Group of Friends <ourlunchgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 21:10:29 -0600

so I'm bored, and I was like hey, I think I'll listen to some jazz! (my
favorite right?) so I look up George Gershwin because he was a master at
jazz, and I'm playing a piano song by him, and I needed some insight as to
how the song goes.... so I totally don't look up the song i should but I
look up my favorite song by him, Rhapsody in blue.
Time for some neurological stimulation! :) in the Disney movie fantasia
2000, they did a version of this and this is it... it's 12 minutes long but
worth every second. Watch this video first......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sgkMXm6TkA
so I was like, man! I loove this song! someday, I'll be famous and play
this on the piano. turns out I know a guy who did that.
The guy in the next video, the piano player, is named marcus roberts. He
came and did a clinic first trimester for our jazz band, and taught us how
to be super super good.... this guy is super super famous, and he's blind!
since he was eight he couldnt see, and he learned the piano by ear...
literally! :) listen to this 15-20 minute rendition of rhapsody in blue by
the marcus roberts trio! :) hope you like it as much as me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQLM0EaZ8k Pt1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=W3Tw0YI1_aM Pt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=-CJ4aZw4MHA Pt 3
This is incredible.... it's probably because the conductor is asian (trust
me.... it helps)
just watch these four videos sometime when you are bored and have about a
half hour to yourself :) It's the best
- Jarom