[otb] Welcome to Trinidad - Day 9

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:07:15 -0400

I have rain in my coffee.  As I come up to our house to write, the constant
rain can discourage me.  My coffee is strong, so it really doesn?t affect the
taste very much.  (It has rained all night and now all day, so far, as well.
Please pray for us that it will stop by lunch, or it will be too wet to go out
and visit house to house.)  At times, I feel like the little we can do here in
two weeks is like that rain in my coffee.  How much effect can it really have
when there is so much need?  The difference is that the sweet Holy Spirit is
at work here in the little we can do.  He adds much to our efforts and can
continue the work long after we are gone.

Dan Anderson, one of our board members and fellow team-mate, has been teaching
leadership here.  We see where the things God has given him to bring will
affect this area for years to come, if it is employed by those who attended.
They seemed ready to nominate him for sainthood, or apostleship or something,
yet all he wanted was for them to really let the Spirit work in them to employ
the tools God had brought from his experiences.   There were at least a half
dozen children who gave their hearts to Christ yesterday, maybe more, yet we
can only pray that God?s Holy Spirit will fill in the gaps left in the
teaching if they do not return for the next few sessions.  Please pray that
they do and that they bring their families.  There is so much left to be done.
  Pray that even more take that step, to trust Jesus as their Saviour, to make
Him their Lord, that the Spirit would fall on them ?like the rain.

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.