[otb] Try that again! 7-24-2011 OTB Update

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:43:40 -0400

July 24, 2011

Dear friends and family in the Lord:

Well, they say the third time?s the charm.  I have been trying to write you an
update for some time now.  Two tries are somewhere out there in the land of
the ?unsaved? data.  One time I failed to save the letter in time before my
program automatically timed out.  One time I pressed the wrong command and
closed an important application.   Both situations came out the same.  ?Game
over!?  It?s not that I didn?t know that I had a limited amount of time.  It?s
not that I didn?t know what I should have done instead.

I?m starting to see the end of our camping season this year.  The summer staff
members are already beginning to leave.  One is heading home to have surgery,
another off to get ready for college.  The summer has been arduous for many of
them, and we?ve seen them grow in lots of ways.  Relationships have developed,
some great friendships and some more serious.  We have chosen the new Lifeship
members for the coming year and they are raising support.  Other than those
young people, my time for pouring into the lives of the summer staff is coming
to an end for another year.  Before ?game over!? there are more things I?d
like to tell them, more encouragement I want to give them, more investments in
them I want to make.   Time becomes precious in late July.

It has been such a blessing to have Evan here as the office intern.  I believe
he has learned a lot and he is doing good work as well.  Corey is his good
friend from Spring Arbor and he came for the summer to be Vic?s sound and
media intern.  He also is doing good work and learning a lot.  They both live
with us at our house and have been fun to have around.  They leave together in
September for Guatemala for a study abroad semester in Spanish from Spring
Arbor University. Stephanie is Evan?s girlfriend from Michigan and she has
been here all summer as a cabin leader.  It is great to get to know her better
and she has spent a lot of time with us at our house as well.  Nathan was here
for a week doing media team for Jr. High week. That was great fun and a full
house.  This summer he is living in Cheyenne and working at Holiday Inn
Express.  He has just returned from his missions trip to Costa Rica on a
church planting and encouraging trip.  He was a team leader and I?ve only
heard good things.  (Thanks to all of you who helped him go, and prayed for
his safety and for many opportunities to build the kingdom.  You Rock!)  Tim
and Sarah moved to Champagne, Illinois following his graduation, and have
found jobs, a great church and an apartment, and now only need to find an
economical car and they will be set.    Thanks for your prayers for them.

We have some wonderful opportunities coming up with OTB in the next month or
so.  From our performance at the waterfront here on the Fourth of July, we
have received invitations to two community celebrations.  Those come with
opportunities for sharing the gospel where it hasn?t been heard.  We have an
invitation to a Latino church about two hours away, as well.  The one that is
the most intimidating is the one over Labor Day weekend on the Children?s
Stage at Rock the Light, a music festival in Kansas City, MO.  Those are all
while we are finishing the last four weeks of camps, as well.  Please pray
that God will use us in new and productive ways in all these venues.  Also
pray that we will use well, the time we have left, to pour into the lives of
the summer staff before ?game over!?  Thanks for your prayers and your
encouragement.

We remain In His grip,     Vic and Linda Schiro
Out of the Box Performance Arts, 16800 E. Maranatha Road, Maxwell, NE  69151

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.