[otb] OTB Update - May 24, 2003

  • From: OTB <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 16:12:19 -0400

Dear friends and family in the Lord:

The mad dash to complete everything before we leave on summer tour has
begun!  The delusion that I could possibly make it in time has not.  We
are packing now for tour, and moving out of the house we have lived in
to make it available while we are gone for visiting work teams.  The
boys are trying to get as much school work done as they can before we
leave.  This is a new concept for them.  They are usually done well
before we leave, but this year has not been very conducive to consistent
school schedule.  We have been busy on the road, which is great for OTB,
not great for school work.  We have been busy with the mission and the
school, which is great for Bethany, not great for school work.  We have
been enjoying having family here to visit, which has been great and such
a blessing for us, but again, not great for school.  We all know how we
got so far behind, but we don't have to like it.  We do have to finish.
 It may be God's plan since they may need to be more in the groove this
Fall than usual.  Tim will start at Oakdale Christian High School this
Fall and Evan and Nate will be enrolled at Bethany Christian School.

Many of you have guessed, by now, that we have agreed to stay here at
Bethany next year as well.  I will be teaching Art in all the grades,
and Vic will continue to do what he has started.  He has much more to do
on the web site and I have much more to do in the office here.  It has
been a very satisfying 5 months.  We feel like we have accomplished many
things.  The Bethany web site is up and running, some of the  brochures
we wanted to finish have been made, and many small jobs at the school
have been accomplished.  The mission seems well on the way to getting
back on it's feet financially, as well.  We have grown to love the
people here and the area we live in is breathtaking in every season.

The hardest part of it all is leaving our friends and church in
Sterling.  It was not an easy decision to make.  I think the Good Lord
knew He would need to ease me into it because I would never choose to
move.  I continue to trust His plan and look for His will.  Finding
Tim's High School was a real affirmation to me. Finding a College Prep.
Multicultural Christian High School in the middle of poverty stricken,
academically challenged rural KY could only be God.  It is 25 minutes
drive and we will share car pool with another family from here.

God has been very good to Out of the Box, as well.  We have little time
to devote to booking, but our summer is about full.  There are a couple
openings, for a day or three here and there, but mostly it is full.
Please pray for our ministry.  It is always hard when you move to not
lose many contacts that you have made.  Our Sterling address is on all
our promo material and we can only keep the box for so long.  Our phone
will need to change before too long as well.  Our 800 and cell numbers
remain the same which is helpful.   Pray also, that we will find new
ways to actively search out ministry in Kentucky. I am not worried. God
knows where we are.  He proved it when we got a call last week asking us
to teach at a conference in Nashville.  It could have been CA or OR, but
God knows where we are these days.  ;-)

Another blessing has been the ability to receipt gifts given to Bethany
for the support of Linda and Victor Schiro.  Out of the Box, which is
not yet a non-profit has never been able to do that for our generous
supporters before and we are grateful.  If you have been supporting us
and would like a receipt, make your check to Bethany Christian Mission
Center and notate it for Vic and Linda Schiro support. The address is
Bethany Christian Mission Center, General Delivery, Bethany, KY  41313.
 That's also our address for Mail. Victor and Linda Schiro, General
Delivery, Bethany, KY  41313.  970-580-4444. (Our cell phone)

God bless you all.  Thank you too,

Victor and Linda Schiro

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.  You are so precious to us.
 We feel your prayers and thank God for your generous hearts.

P.S.  For those of you just putting in your garden, here is a tip.  (If
you are just now getting started, you probably need all the help you can
get!)  When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed
and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground
easily, it was a valuable plant.

P.P.S.  If at first you do succeed, try not to look so astonished.

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.