[otb] Mission Trip

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:49:30 -0400

February 20, 2005

Dear Friends and Family in the Lord:

I am always grateful when God brings people into my life to help me carry a
particular load, and have always been grateful when He has allowed me to be
the one to help.  We have an opportunity for both.  One of the missionary
couples we have supported for about ten years, has become very special to us.
They raised their children in full time ministry just like we do, first in a
pastorate in Kansas, then as missionaries to Austria.  It was exciting to hear
how the Lord was using them in a country that was 90% Roman Catholic, and only
5% church-going.   They worked to make their faith real to people who have
little faith at all.  They continue to work in Austria, and their children
have grown up and are in fields of ministry of their own.

One of these children is Juliann.  She spent all of her teen years helping her
parents in their work in Austria and has a real heart for the needs in that
country.  She and her husband have received their call to go to Austria and
serve in an evangelical church planting and encouraging ministry for the next
few years.  They have already been in ministry here for several years and we
know they will be a blessing to those in Europe.  They have a wonderful vision
for reaching the world, one family at a time.

Juliann and Stephen have asked us to come and help them in their work. They
would like us to come and lead children?s and family ministries at a Marriage
and Family Conference in Dombrau, Austria.  They have up to ten days of
ministry engagements for us, including a meeting at a college in Munich,
Germany.   We have been praying toward this goal, with a small group of
partners since October, but have been reluctant to ask anyone else to join
with us until plans were a little surer.  They assure us that if we can make a
way there, they have many venues to use us.

We feel sure of God?s blessing on this endeavor, and would like your prayer
support as we discern the message he would have us bring.

In order for us to go to Austria, we need to raise $5,000 as quickly as
possible to purchase  airline tickets at off season rates, passports for the
five of us and living expenses while there.  We are looking to the Lord to
supply our need through his people.  Vic and I are very aware that this will
be an eye opening experience for our own sons, but having both been on work
teams overseas ourselves as teens, we know that there is nothing better for
giving them a worldview for evangelism.

Here is how you can pray for us:
?     Wise decision making in these days of preparation
?     Lord?s direction as we prepare our messages
?     Good rates for airline tickets
?     Servants hearts while ministering in Austria
We thank you for your friendship, and we are praying for you, as well, as you
consider how God would have you help us reach Austria.   He is so awesome!  I
just can?t wait to see what He will do next.

In His exciting and far-reaching service,

Linda and Victor Schiro, and Sons
Out of the Box Ministries

LMS/lms

http://www.otbusa.org