[otb] Lindas Back!

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:45:37 -0400

Dear friends and family:

I am clean!  Thanks to a close friend who is keeping us until we are well
enough to ride home to Kentucky, I am thoroughly clean.   I took a shower the
morning of the accident, 6 days ago and have not since (unless you call those
useless bed baths with a wet wipe adequate.)   I love soap and shampoo and
being clean!  It was a major ordeal, but so worth it!  Why do I share all this
with you?  For a few moments I went back to when I was twelve years old and
went down to the altar to tell God that if He would make me clean, I would do
whatever He wanted me to do with my life.  I was so impressed with the feeling
of refreshing purity that I thought I could even be a missionary or a
preacher?s wife or something.  Maybe God could really use me now.   Have you
felt that Holy Soap come over you?  There is nothing like it.  I had given my
heart to Christ before I was old enough to recall, but I remember the day He
became my Lord very well.   I guess that?s why I can say with confidence that,
for whatever reason, God has set me apart for a purpose.  I?m not sure why it
is necessary to slow me down quite this much, but I will wait and I will count
my blessings, which are many.  Would you like to hear some?
I am alive, (Vic too) I am clean, and God is good.  My children were not with
us, and thus escaped injury.   I have friends that are second to none, and
family that is priceless.  Because the fracture and the bone chip went back
into place when they reset the joint, I had no surgery, no risk of infection,
and no dressings.  I can still sing, see, hear, and many other things I
appreciate.   I can still draw on small paper and my mind is not clouded with
necessary medications.  There is much more, but that will be enough for now.
Oh, and I didn?t lose any teeth, (very important!)
For a quick update, Vic wears a full back brace and is going to the
Chiropractor every day and he does some traction, some spinalator, and an
adjustment.  It gets better every day, and then tightens up a little again.  I
guess that is to be expected.  When we get back to KY, he has to get hooked up
with an Orthopedic Doctor there.  I have to be seen in seven to ten days by
one also and every two weeks or so for the next three to four months.  I can
have no weight (zero!) on my left leg for several months and am on a walker
for flat areas and crutches for stairs.  (I have two sets of eight or so to
get into my house.)  I cannot sit at a 90 degree angle for any reason and my
legs may never cross.  It isn?t as easy as it sounds.  Just about anything
could pop the joint out again until the muscles and socket get strong.
Friends who were coming to visit us at the mission this weekend are borrowing
a motor home to take us home this Friday.  (My Doctor would not allow us to
leave Michigan until then because of the car ride and its effects on our
injuries.  The motor home is better, anyway.)  We are very anxious to get home
to the other boys.  I am wondering how I will maneuver in our house, but I?ll
be home.  What a wonderful word.

God bless you all and thank you for your prayers.  God is good!

Linda and Victor
Out of the Box

P.S.  Why is it that Doctors call what they do ?practicing? medicine?  Hmmm?.

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.