[otb] 9-12-05 OTB Update.doc

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:20:55 -0400

Dear Friends and Family in the Lord:
September 12, 2005

        For a small, easily frightened pooch with allergies and a bad case of
Attention Deficit Disorder, Jack has a lot to teach us.  Today we gave Jack a
real bone and enjoyed watching him get the best of it.   He started to stray
off the linoleum and onto the carpet, so Vic attempted to move the nice gift
back onto the washable surface.  Oh, you should have heard the growl!  No
longer was it a gift, but a possession.  ?Do not attempt to come near my
precious!? you could almost hear him say.   Wow, how quickly his gratitude
turned to hostility.

        Do I ever treat God to that kind of attitude?  Do the gifts He favors
me with
become a bone of contention between us when I cease to look at His generosity?
 Take my sons, for example.  They are not mine.  They are His.   But instead
of saying ?Take my sons.? you might hear me growl ?What do You think You are
doing, God?  They?re mine!?  And what about Out of the Box?  You might have
heard me whining all the way over at your place when we couldn?t buy our
tickets to Austria last February when they were cheap.  Little did I know that
my all-seeing generous Father knew I wouldn?t be able to use them if I had
them, because of the accident that left me with a broken hip.  Our ministry is
His to use wherever He can.  What a mess if I were in charge.  Even today, I
found myself wondering why God would let gas prices go up when we could hardly
afford gas for our thirsty travel vehicle before.  I forget that we could have
lived in New Orleans, or even died there.  We could have no bookings, and no
need for gasoline.  I have much more to be grateful for than to complain
about, yet, there lays the bone to remind me of my irritable and stubborn old
man.

        We are off and running this weekend, heading to Michigan for ministry
at a
Harley Davidson Biker Rally.  Pray for us as we seek out the lost, and
encourage the brothers up North.  Next weekend we head to West Virginia and we
ask your prayers for us and the boys who will be staying here at their
boarding school both weekends.   Thank the Lord with us for Abby and Thad who
are lending us their small car to save on gasoline.  Also thank Him with us
for friends at the church in Bethany and here at Oakdale, who are helping us
purchase a travel easel that we can take to Austria.  It weighs about one
third what my older one does and can be checked as luggage.   We still need
about $300 for it, but at least they can begin construction on it.

        We are nearly moved into our new house, and it is starting to feel like
home.
 (Close fellowship, I might add.)  Our new address is 285 Gunnel Bridge Road,
Beattyville, KY  41311.  Our new land line phone number is 606-464-3481.  Our
cell phone and e-mail remain the same.  We?d love to hear from you.  Thanks
for all your prayers and God bless you as you trust Him with things precious
to you,

Linda
Out of the Box Performance Arts

http://www.otbusa.org