[orebird] Re: Ankeny Goose

  • From: Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 14:42:54 -0800

My thoughts exactly. And we saw what's presumably the same goose in the
same area today, and it was a Snow Goose.

Also, Red Phalarope isn't flagged for Marion but it probably should be.

Adrian

On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 2:39 PM, W. Douglas Robinson <
w.douglas.robinson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree. Those are Dusky Canada Geese it is with, therefore body size is
way too large, bill is too large and the wrong shape, head oval, etc.

Doug

On Nov 8, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Adrian Hinkle <adrian.hinkle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There was a Ross's Goose reported yesterday and it was confirmed on eBird
as a Ross's.

It's hard to see from the photo, but I'm not totally convinced about the
ID. I'd be interested in hearing other opinions.

Thanks,

Adrian