Re: wish list

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:44:49 +0100

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It also shows how much more we pay in EE for what essentially amounts to a
> software toggle switch.
> But what I really like is being able to have a database working in
> 2000-emulation mode, another in 2005-emulation and another in native 2008,
> all in the same instance and all sharing the same server.  Works wonders
> when consolidating apps into single servers.

Also extremely valuable for customers who want to run a supported database
and where the software vendor hasn't yet certified against a current
release.

NB There was of course prep work to make sure the database wasn't using any
EE only features (but as it was a shrink wrap app I wasn't surprised when it
wasn't).

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA