Re: way to make sql statement stay on cache (SGA) logner?

  • From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nkodner@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:00:03 +0000

Neil

Don't confuse caching SQL (which Kellyn was discussing) with caching data
(which you seem to be investigating).

Personally, I veer towards the view that in most cases the LRU algorithms
that Oracle uses are rather better than any simplistic application-specific
data caching. I think you need a pretty good reason why you would want to
override that...

Regards Nigel