Re: very large RAC database copy to another RAC

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:14:31 +0530

RMAN requires archive log I suppose..

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:40370408605260

think of putting it in archive log

the new infrastructure is good so in your case, in one hour how much gb/tb
of data can be backedup and restored, how many NICs and multiple processess
for copying of datafiles..you can have..

have you taken any tiral/pilot runs of datatransfer in this new
environment...if 48 hours down time window is non-negotiable then use only
proven and known methods as per your comfort level..

these are few inputs from my side...subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY