Re: stats document links.

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:55:13 -0700

Greg Rahn's blog has some good links/articles. I have seen articles in his
blog where he stresses on the importance of stats being representative of
the data.
 On a lighter note, I was in similar situation earlier and one of the
'Directors' asked us to collect stats everyday even for a table such as
fnd_lookups (data is pretty much static except for big FND patches) - in an
apps situation. When I told him stats should be representative and not
collected for the sake of collection, he was mad at me and complained to my
manager :).

- Kumar