sort_area_size and hash_area_size

  • From: Oliver.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 12:38:58 -0700

Hi All,
  I did some testing on this quite some time ago and was hoping to have a
refresher.... I have an application with a particularly nasty view...
given that I can not go in and fix the view without breaching protocol, I
was going to increase the sort area size and hash area size at the session
level.... Now that I'm revisiting this I remember there were some
considerations for negatively impacting performance.  After failing to
find any information on this negative impact... does anyone know of some
considerations I should make before going forward?

Thank you,
     Oliver