Re: silent Installation

  • From: "vikram singh" <vikramsingh120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Murtuja Khokhar" <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:33:31 +0530

Hi Murtuja
Thanks for responding. I am reading the doc.

Vikram.

On 11/14/06, Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.oraclemagician.com/mag/magic1.doc

*vikram singh <vikramsingh120@xxxxxxxxx>* wrote:

Hi All

 Can anyone point me to docs (Metalink and elsewhere) regarding Silent
Installations? I am in need of them and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Vikram.

On 11/13/06, Johan Muller <johan.muller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I could be wrong, but Metalink had an article on this - basic solution
> is to unzip Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3 into one common directory. Unsure on
> LOCATION_FOR_DISK3 setting though.
>
> This problem goes away in 10G though; I've run a few dozen silent
> installs problemfree sofar..
>
> On 11/13/06, Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
> >
> > Hii,
> >
> > I am trying to install oracle 9i on solaris in silent mode.I have
> > edited response files as per instruction available in Net.
> > I have edited LOCATION_FOR_DISK3=/tmp/oracle_install/d3 than also
> > installation logs has following error.
> > "Unable to find disk 3. Installation cannot continue"
> > than I have recorded response file bu this command
> > ./runInstaller -record -destinationFile /tmp/response/orasol.rsp
> > It has generated response file and I have tried with this file than
> > aslo same error.
> > Can you help me with this regard
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Murtuja
> > Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail
beta<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43257/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>-
Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.