Re: roles + pl/sql

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:25:40 +0000

I'd agree with the dev. Role based access is just the right thing to do.
PL/SQL is often* the correct thing to do. It's mad that a php app has a
better access control model (roles) than a PL/sql based one.<rant>

*where often >= 95% of the time :)

On 20 Dec 2010 17:16, "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 I just went through the ‘roles are not active in pl/sql’ speech with a
developer.

His response was that someone at Oracle really needs to fix that.

My first reaction was ‘I’m sure there is a very good reason for it to be
that way’  but I can’t really think of why it is that way.

Are roles disabled in pl/sql for some reason other than that’s just the way
oracle implemented it?

chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.