Re: restrict schema A from schema B

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:52:23 -0500

It sounds to me like what you really want is two different servers running
two separate databases.  If you can only use one server, try two different
Oracle homes on one server to achieve maximum physical separation.  use two
different listeners on different ports, and dont create any db links.   If
you must place both schemas in the same instance, its controlled by not
granting privs, and if the boss cant understand that, there is not much more
you can do.  Just make sure that the boss understands that with the dual
oracle home option, the licensing cost does not increase.

--
Andrew W. Kerber