RE: restore/recovery concern

  • From: <jtesta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:54:03 -0400 (EDT)

Well for whatever reason, the repository(or the control file if not using
a repository) can't find/retrieve those backup pieces.

Are they in the correct directory(or if you dumped them to tape, is the
tape metadata hosed?).

just a few ideas.

joe

****ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW******

 Guys,

 Well my system admin. after assuring me that he would not in his upgrade
 = blow away the database and could do this without affecting the
 database = as I told him not to do it unless he was sure - blew away the
 database.

 Just in-case you were wondering why I was involved in so many =
 restore/recoveries.  I think of it as honing my restore/recovery skills
 = and a strange way to have job security. =20

 So - now I am trying to restore and recover and am getting:

 RMAN-12009: command aborted because some backup pieces could not be =
 located
 RMAN-12008: could not locate backup piece df_EMPIDEV_s528_p1
 RMAN-12008: could not locate backup piece df_EMPIDEV_s525_p1
 RMAN-12008: could not locate backup piece df_EMPIDEV_s526_p1
 RMAN-12008: could not locate backup piece df_EMPIDEV_s527_p1

 Where did the backup pieces go?

 Also, when I search on any of those RMAN commands in Metalink I find =
 nothing.  What is up with that?  Did Oracle forget to allow searches for
 = RMAN in their new search process?

 Help?