Re: renaming oprocd.lgl

  • From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Randy.Steiner@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 10:33:46 +1100 (EST)

I presume you are looking into this because the oprocd logfile
is getting deleted when oprocd is rebooting the box

  What version of CRS are you on and what bundle patch/MLR level

  What are the values for the margin and timeout for oprocd. You can find the
same by doing a ps -ef | grep oproc

  Thanks
  Fairlie

Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I can't answer the crs part for you, but I can tell that to rename a file you
would use 'mv', not 'cp'.

Jared Still

  On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Steiner, Randy <Randy.Steiner@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
        Oracle Support wants me to rename the oprocd.lgl file right before the
crs starts up, but they won't tell me how to do this.  I am running on RHEL3.
  I would expect something like this would work:

  cp /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl /etc/oracle/oprocd/oprocd.lgl_`date
+"%Y%m%d"`

  But I am not sure where to put this.  If I put it in init.crs, won't it run
when the crs is shutdown also?  Can someone recommend a better place for it?

  Thanks
  Randy

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
  M: +61 402 792 405

 Make the switch to the world&#39;s best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.