Re: relation shared pool elements phys mem

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 06:28:42 -0400

On 08/06/2004 05:30:26 AM, Jeroen van Sluisdam wrote:
> Hi,

> 1 memory segment. Is this correct and does this imply also this should be in
> phys memory also?
> I have a swapfile that is not used extensively.
> If I downsize my sga, should i decrease the size of the memory segments as
> well to profit from the
> decrease ?

If you cut down memory, cut down buffers first. You can also switch to MTS,
would save you a little bit of memory, especially if you configure large pool.
for swapfile, you don't want it to be used extensively, trust me.
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.