Re: question re sqlldr

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:11:25 +0300

You can install an oracle client an load to a remote database.
To include ssqlldr.exe in the in new client, select the administrator install type or in custom select database utilities.

Harel Safra

John Dunn wrote:
Need to load some data into a remote database. i.e the data is on a machine that does not not have an oracle installed

Is there an oracle client installation option that would allow me to install sqlldr onto the machine holding the data and configure a service so that I could run sqlldr againgst the remote database?

Use of NFS to share the data between the 2 machines is not an option

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l