Re: query rewrite

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kylelf@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:49:03 +0000

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:19 AM, kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> one difference -
> the first query will break if the correlated sub query returns more than
> one value where as the second query will return the mulitple rows.

Hi Kyle,

I have spend last 2 weeks working with query as in 1 example
and subquery never has been pushed into FROM section.
My general execution plan in 10.1.0.4 looks like this

SELECT STATEMENT
   TABLE ACCESS - X - or join of more then one table
   SORT
      TABLE ACCESS - F - or join of more then one table

or

SELECT STATEMENT
   TABLE ACCESS - X - or join of more then one table
    FILTER
      TABLE ACCESS - F - or join of more then one table

regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/