Re: query delay

  • From: "John Kanagaraj" <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:28:06 -0700

Siva,

This is *exactly* where 10g's ASH (Active Session History) comes in. Simply
put, ASH is a history of V$SESSION_WAIT for all ACTIVE sessions, samled
every second. This is buffered in memory using a circular buffer and every
10th sample then persisted to AWR. While it is NOT as granular as a 10046
trace, it is a great tool for tracing an issue "after the fact". More
details in my book if you are interested...

On 10/5/06, Siva Valiveru <SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But you need to baby sit when this is happening right? I think it looks more like a global db blockage, AWR report good starting point.

Generally v$session_waits is used(i use) for what's happening NOW! and
AWR(statspack 9i) to what happend in past.

-- John Kanagaraj <>< DB Soft Inc Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is always inevitable; Discouragement is invariably optional

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **