Re: playing around with oracle 10.2, RAC with VMWare Server and Suse 10.1

  • From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mathias Zarick <Mathias.Zarick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:22:57 +1300

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the feedback.

I thought I had managed to setup the ASM correctly as I can see the DGs from
both nodes.

In the course of my hacking today, I screwed up a running instance of ASM
(just before my post and not realising what I had done til later).  During
an attempt at starting an instance with the pfile setting
cluser_database=true.  I was getting errors regarding unavailable feature
(or similar). After a quick google I ended up relinking a couple or
libraries for RAC (I think,.. sorry not too professional here).  Anyway, as
ASM was running at the time, it got a bit upset.  After bouncing the
instance all looked ok.

I've had quite a few problems with this setup today.  But got to the point
where I could start both instances with local pfile, but when I try to share
the spfile via ASM I run into errors about the spfile missing.

So it seems all is not well, so I will to take your pointers and read the
guide you've suggested.  Does it have a section called "Setting up ASM after
its all gone pair shaped"  ? LOL

Thanks again,.
Cheers
Tony