RE: partation, table and tablespaces

  • From: "Michael Fontana" <mfontana@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 08:47:57 -0600 (CST)

  _____

[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Subodh Deshpande

>is it possible to create a single table with partations in different
tablespaces,

Yes.

>as per my understanding other IOT we can not assign multiple tablespaces
for a single partationed table.

Does IOT in this case mean Index-Organized Table?   Are you meaning to
tell us you wish to partition an IOT?  I know of no restrictions in so
doing.

>e.g requirement is -- a is table will have a1,a2,a3 partations in aa1,
aa2, aa3 tablesapces

This can certainly be done, but why not elaborate as to why it is a
"requirement".  There's always a business reason of some kind for
everything we do, but I've never seen one that would pertain to tablespace
locations.