order by clause in a view

  • From: "Lyall Barbour" <lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 16:17:50 -0500

Hi, Simple question.  I've got a solution.  Hoping you peeps could come
up with a better one. select cust_no, count(cust_no)from tablewhere
<blah>group by cust_noorder by count(cust_no) works great. create or
replace view <table_v> asselect cust_no, count(cust_no)from tablewhere
<blah>group by cust_noorder by count(cust_no) some ora error We are
running 8.0.5 and that's why.  8i it's fixed.  I'm prepared to create a
temp table and truncate it after my report goes.  But was hoping you guys
might have another way to do this.... Thanks,Lyall Barbour

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com !