orapwd

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 14:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

The problem is for Window platform. If somebody damaged the Password file and
if I recreate it while Database is running, then is it going to work or I need
to stop and restart the database. I had remote_passwor....... parameter is
EXCLUSIVE but can't see any entry in v$pwfile_users. THis is the reason Backup
cannot be scheduled thru Oracle Management Console as it is failing with
insufficient priviliges. It is now allowing to add any new users with SYSDBA
privieges.
TIA
Sanjay