Re: oracle

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 12:43:59 -0700

If your interval is the string you provided, I would expect
the next run date to be 9/5/2006 00:30.

Selecting the string from dual provides that date.  If the job failed,
then the scheduler will set the next run date to try again, ignoring the
interval.
I forget how the algorithm works, it is in the docs.

As an aside, you might consider just using date math instead of the
to_date string handling stuff.

eg. select  trunc(add_months(sysdate,1),'mm') + 4 + (.5/24) from dual;

Jared

On 8/1/06, Paula Stankus <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris 2.9. We have a job that is not running properly. Could that be why it is unexpectedly trying to execute at a different time when the next scheduled execution time should have been August 5 2006. Also the next run date is now showing as August 2 at 4 AM. We are trying to understand why it should have done so even though everything else is the same in the job properties. The properties show the interval as TO_DATE('5-'|| TO_CHAR(ADD_MONTHS(sysdate,1),'MON-YYYY'), 'DD-MON-YYYY') + 00.50/24

We recently executed the following to change the package - the package
fails at the same time each day - the time of deployment - not the scheduled
time.  Also, around this same time the status of the job was switched from
broken (for deployment) to fixed:

BEGIN
DBMS_JOB.WHAT(342,
'cpsdataminer_pkg_p3.cpseompenaltycalc;');
END;
/

Jared Still