optimizer_secure_view_merging

  • From: "Carlson, Todd" <tcarlson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:48:03 -0600

Hey Guys,

We are using materialized views with refreash on commit (don't ask...)
on 10.2.0.2. We have some performance problems and I have been
researching optimizer_secure_view_merging, to reduce the CPU load of
parsing and executing statements against the views based on the
materialized views. However, I have been unable to get much information
on this and I would like to know more before I starting testing with it.

Has anyone set this parameter to false in a production system? If so,
what were the results?

Here are the other optimizer parameters that we are using for this
system:

optimizer_dynamic_sampling      2

optimizer_features_enable          10.2.0.2

optimizer_index_caching            75

optimizer_index_cost_adj           10

optimizer_mode                         ALL_ROWS

optimizer_secure_view_merging  TRUE

Thanks,

Todd