RE: open_cursors question

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:15:56 -0400

Sandy,

I'm a DBA, not a Java developer, but, as I recall, not only does the
developer need to close the resultset, but also the statement.  (Using
the stmt.close() method.)

A bit of info is available in MetaLink Doc ID 118756.1, Oracle JDBC
Frequently Asked Questions.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

Ours is the age that is proud of machines that can think and suspicious
of men who try to.  --H. Mumford Jones, 1892-1980