RE: non-oracle user sourcing oracle environment

  • From: "SHEEHAN, JEREMY" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:15:44 -0500

I convinced the server admins to install an oracle client.  I did find this
after some searching, though.

$ORACLE_HOME/install/changePerm.sh

It does have a disclaimer in the script.

   $ECHO
"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------"
   $ECHO "Disclaimer: The purpose of this script is to relax permissions on
some of the"
   $ECHO "files in the database Oracle Home so that all clients can access
them."
   $ECHO "Please note that Oracle Corporation recommends using the most
restrictive file"
   $ECHO "permissions as possible for your given implementation.  Running this
script"
   $ECHO "should be done only after considering all security ramifications."
   $ECHO

Thanks to all for reminding me of the client.

Jeremy