Re: merge command solved

  • From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 18:08:31 -0700 (PDT)

appears to be a bug in 9i, fixed in 10g (thanks for testing Pete!)

turned out that one of the columns in the original table was defined
larger than the same column in the table I was merging into.... soon as
I made them the same, problem went away.

The error message is misleading.... I got logged off and a 3113
end-of-file on communication channel.  In 10g you get a message that
the column is the wrong size (I can't remember the exact error message)

Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.  works beautifully now

Rachel