Re: merge command

  • From: "Richard Stevenson" <rstevenson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:14:12 -0400

Rachel,
I second the matviews option.  We've used them extensively to populate sub-sets
of a production meta data repository to a data warehouse and partner database.
Along with package-wrapped auto-updates (via dbms_jobs/dbms_snapshot/refresh),
they work like a charm.  This, BTW, is in 8.1.7.  Also, if the source db goes
down, the job resubs itself - or of course you can handle it programmatically
to alert.

Richard.

Richard J Stevenson
CobbleSoft International Ltd.