Re: instant client

  • From: Alfredo Abate <alfredo.abate@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:59:29 -0600

Hi Brian,

Yes set the PATH variable to include the location of the instant client
home. I have used the instant client by just setting the TNS_ADMIN and
PATH variable.

Let us know if that works for you.

Alfredo

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I downloaded the instant client. Unzippped it in C:\instantclient_11_2
directory.

Created a network\admin directory in C:\instantclient_11_2 and put a
tnsnames and sqlnet ora file in the admin directory

So now I have C:\instantclient_11_2\network\admin path

The directions say to create an TNS_ADMIN environment variable with that
location which I did. This is all to create an ODBC connection.

Do I still need to add C:\instantclient_11_2 to the PATH variable?

Or I saw another post that specified an ORACLE_HOME variable. Do I need
to set that as well?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.