RE: insert performance

  • From: "Kumar, Arvind IN GGN SISL" <arvind.kumar2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:59:39 +0530

Thanks all,

There is no indexes, constraints on these tables. Parent and child
relationship has been set in DataFactory itself. The table are already
in nologging mode. Problem is that datafactory use the ' INSERT INTO
tablename VALUES ('........'); ' syntax to load the data, so I can not
even add the /*+ APPEND */ hint.

One more option is available to me is to save the generated data from
datafacotry into .csv files the use SQLLOADER to load into the tables,
problem is that I can start the datafactory project from command line
but its window does not close after the run so I can not write a batch
file to start SQLLOADER when the datafactory job is  finished.

I even tried to use the destructive method  "_DISABLE_LOGGING" but this
also does not reduce the time it takes to insert.

Arvind Kumar

Associate  Consultant
Siemens Information Systems Limited