Re: gather stats on partitioned tables

  • From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:31:35 -0700 (PDT)

How are you generating the statistics on those two  partitioned tables?  As a f
irst guess it may be 11.2.0.2 causing  your heartburn; I cannot get 11.2.0.3 to
behave that way but possibly my tests aren't reflecting how you imported these
partitions.

Any information on your process would be most  helpful.

David Fitzjarrell
Primary author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide"

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:15 PM, Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Oracle EE 11.2.0.2

As part of a POC project, I had to import 8 partitioned tables into a new
database.  Six of them are partitioned on yyyymmdd and I had no problems with
them.  The last two are range partitioned on an ID column (sequence used to set
the ID value).  Once I found the correct partitions to match the tables
partitioned by date range, I imported them.

My problem:  I cannot get those last two tables to show that they have been
analyzed or show a difference in the number of rows for each partition, even
though some of the partitions do not have data in the new database.  The stats
are not locked; checked that first.  I've googled and gone to MOS, but nothing
I've found so far would tell me why I can't get the stats to change.
Suggestions?

Thank you.

--
Sandy