RE: dropping Undo Tablespace

  • From: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <godwin.ror@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:00:53 -0400

The rollback may be huge and it might take longer than waiting for it to
complete.  Just a thought.

Safe is relative.  I don’t think anyone can answer if it is safe to kill
long running on your system from the app perspective, but I think it is
Oracle/technically safe.

I use the same undo reduction process in production warehouses, but I’ve
never done by killing sessions.

. The only option i see here is to kill the session (22,16,34), which will
offline all the undo segments and then drop the first undo tablespace. This
is a production box, so just wanted to confirm with you. Is it safe to go
ahead and kill the session? is there any other work around in this case for
dropping the first undo tablespace. “

Ted

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:03 PM