Re: different redo needs same database

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:07:01 +0300

Hi!

Just create big redologs and keep them. If you definitely want to archive
them after some intervals, then use archive_lag_target parameter to set
maximum interval of time a logfile can accommodate redo (a logswitch will be
forced after the interval since last logswitch).

Also, I think it's reasonable to go with incremental checkpoints (setting
fast_start_mttr_target or fast_start_io_target) instead of having your
log_checkpoint_* parameters with ridiculously low values.

Tanel.