Re: diff between incremental and archive backups

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 22:30:22 -0500

On 11/14/2015 08:08 PM, Andrew Kerber wrote:

Well, say rather incrementals aren't used so much for DR anymore. Standbys are more common for that, but if you do reach the point where your primary and all standbys are gone, I, as a DBA, would want a technology that I am highly experienced with, and understand well when I am working on a company's last resort.

But really, the most commonly reason for rman full and incremental backups is recovery from logical corruption caused by human error.

Hmmm, I do prefer flashback over restore. It is much faster.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA