datapump anomaly, grants, any ideas

  • From: "Visser, Piet de" <piet.de.visser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:28:29 +0200

suport SR 6469074.993

Oracle 10.2.0.3 on Sun Solaris.

Import via impdp works, but doesnt import statistics.
impdp generates error when importing statistics.
Conventional exp/imp works fine, and does import statistics.

Support claims that to successfully import statistics via impdp,
you need to either runs as SYS, run with sys-priv, or
grant INS/DEL on sys.impdp_stats to the importing user.

Manuals state that exp_full_database and imp_full_database are all
that is needed to successfully use datapump.
Support now disagrees.

We do not want to manually grant-out two specific grants in our 150+
databases, but we like to use dp to avoid plethora of files everywhere.

Questions
 - Anyone had this problem ?
 - Anyone find this strange ?
 - Anyone have cheapo workaround ?