Re: connect as sysdba ora-1031

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:22:30 -0800 (PST)

opracle versionj 9.2.0.4
 oracle software owner  is  oracle
and group is dba and all the permissions  seem fine
i am logged in directly thru the account owner
os is aix 5.4 ml05
Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/17/05, Fuad Arshad wrote:
> We're having this issue which started today and we cant get ot the bottom
> of it
>

> looged in as the oracle owner TWO_TASK is unset
> SQL> connect sys@dbname as sysdba
> Enter password:
> Connected.
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> ERROR:
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
>
> Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.
>
> now the user i'm using is the oracle software owner
> password file is not corrupted remote_login_password is also set to
> exclusive.
>

> what steps can i take to further debug this. i"m thinking about oradebug
> but then since i'm disconnected how would oradebug capture anything .
> need some advice before i brave the tar and all the same questions with
> oracle.

Please repost listing your Oracle version, operating system version
and the account that you are logged onto the server as and its group
membership.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
-- play a Sony CD, install a rootkit today