Re: ** bind variable for rowid, number column

  • From: "Connor McDonald" <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:13:56 +0800

On 5/31/06, A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I am struggling with following sql for passing rowid as bind variable. I keep getting ORA-911 error. Thanks for your help. I made it a number column and it is still giving the same error. to make sure it is not issue with rowid or char datatype. It works when I do not use bind variable. So table and column names are fine. Any help is appreciated. thanks

------------------------------
Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+
countries<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman9/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://messenger.yahoo.com/>for
 just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

SQL> declare
 2    x varchar2(1);
 3    r rowid;
 4  begin
 5    select rowid into r from dual;
 6
 7    execute immediate
 8      'select * from dual where rowid = :b1' into x using r;
 9
10  end;
11  /

Connor McDonald
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx
web:   http://www.oracledba.co.uk

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"