any possible replacement view for v$system_event/x$kslei

  • From: "Zhu,Chao" <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:21:05 +0800

hi, all
   We have a homegrown script that pulls different views to log many
different system level statistics for troubleshooting, and one of the view
we query is v$system_event/x$kslei. As we does the pull of data every 10
seconds, it is very CPU consuming.  The target of querying the view, is to
give a break down of system wide wait events in the past 10 seconds (that
is, say, db-file-sequential-wait, 1000ms, 30%,, enqueue, 300ms, 20%...)
  Is there any possible replacement for this view? We want to reduce the CPU
usage of this script;

--
Regards
Zhu Chao