RE: Why a rebuild speeds up my queries.

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:52:32 -0700

David,

Just to add that the definition of "table scans (short tables)" has changed.
I think this counter used to be incremented for FTS on tables that were 5
blocks or lesser. However, since 8i, it has (apparently) been changed to
increment for FTS on tables that are 2% or lesser of tha DB Buffer cache.
[Steve/JL may be able to corroborate this]

Btw, welcome back Steve! And thanks again Jared for nursing this cranky list
through these years.

Regards,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I
Jn 4:18

** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do
not reflect those of my employer or customers **