Re: Where does STATSPACK save its reports generated with spreport

  • From: Paul Drake <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ldk2005@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 18:00:57 -0400

On 9/9/05, Larry Kelly <ldk2005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for all the clues. Here is what I found out.
>
> This instance of Oracle is on Window 2003 server. Remote access is via a
> terminal server, with load balancing. The statspack report files were saved
> to the default directory, which in this case was 'My Documents', for the
> current user. The files are physically stored on whichever terminal server
> the TS manager routed my user account to for that session. So my reports
> were scattered over several TS servers. To make matters worse, the SA
> assigned me a different login and profile, ( for reasond I won't bore you
> with here :)). Consequently, all my previously generated reports disappeared
> and wouldn't show up when I did a 'Search' of the harddrive. Makes you long
> for the good 'o' days, when all you had was a shell account into a 'nix'
> box. Niall's comment about being able to specify a path with the alternative
> file name helped me verify that the reports were actually being generated.
>
> On 9/8/05, Larry Kelly <ldk2005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > What does spreport.sql save the statspack report? I cannot find it
> > anywhere??
> > Statspack is installed on my Oracle 8i system. After creating a few
> > snapshots, I ran spreport from sqlplus*. After it conpleted, a search for
> > the report filename returned nothing. Any help here would be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks, again.
> > --
> > Best Regards,
> > -Larry
> > "Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
> > --- E.Taft Benson

Larry,

I have some good news for you.
Someone did a quick writeup of the tweaks necessary to get Cygwin OpenSSH
running on w2k3 server as a service. It was a slam dunk to get working on
w2k server - but the default security policy for w2k3 server resulted in a
few changes being required for the service to accept connections
successfully (Fanfare!).

http://www.hunt-family.net/cygsshpka.html

So get the SA to install Cygwin, fire up the sshd and your favorite ssh
client and login like its a *nix box.

Enjoy.

Paul